In this video, I describe the TSI Sidepak AM510 impactors and demonstrate how to clean and install them.
- The impactors at the inlet of the Sidepak remove particles above a specified particle size cut-off, e.g., 2.5 micrometers or 10 micrometers.
- The most appropriate impactor for use with monitorihng tobacco smoke is the 2.5 micrometer impactor
- Using the 2.5 micrometer impactor, the Sidepak can be used to monitor PM-2.5, i.e., fine particulate matter, which is regulated by the EPA and other governmental agencies
- The impactor head needs to be cleaned regularly
- When changing or cleaning the impactor, you need to apply a thin film of grease to the top of the impactor and also around the "O" ring seal